As time went on, with Eric's support, I started pulling him into bed with us. It was so easy to feed him when he needed to be fed and I could get a good nights sleep. In the early days, when the poo and the spit-up were still plentiful, there were some mishaps in our bed. Middle of the night blowouts, epic spit-ups.... what have you. A few times (with spit up) I just threw a towel down on the spot and went back to sleep. Let me tell you... Arthur's days in our bed are numbered. I've been feeling all along like we would know when it was time to move him out.
As he has become more mobile, he has become VERY difficult to sleep with. He is SO funny though! In the middle of the night he will roll over onto his tummy, pull his knees up underneath him and then SIT UP! And he's sleeping, so he usually promptly face plants back into the bed only to sit up again. It is so hilarious, and yet does not encourage a good night sleep.
Last night, what happened was awful. I have a lingering cold (which I got from the little guy). I don't know if it is possible to pass anything back to him, but I am trying to be EXTRA careful not to get him sick. Around 2:00 AM, Arthur was doing his frankenstein acts and I was going to feed him. I reached over to the GIANT (not kidding) bottle of hand sanitizer on my night stand. I proceeded to tip it over and the pump hit the edge of the pack-n-play and (brace yourself for the unbelievable) shot a stream of hand sanitizer DIRECTLY IN MY EYE! That'll wake you right up. I immediately alerted Eric that he was on frankenstein duty and proceeded to flush my eye out with water and saline for 10 minutes or so. There were days when I wondered why co-sleeping gets such a bad rap and why everyone doesn't do it! It was perfect for us for a while. It worked for us... for a while. It may be time for a change. I fully expect that transition to feel a little bit like hand sanitizer in my eye.
I HOPE your night was better than mine! And your day too. Here is my list of things I am grateful for today:
11. The guy waiting at the crosswalk on 185th and evergreen parkway just dancing to himself
12. Friends who come through when I need them (ahem Kelly this time, but many others countless times)
13. Our beautiful new car that's not really ours, but still...
14. Kia loving and caring for me by telling me to take a break.
15. Neti Pot, even though i detest it
16. This new song that jumped into my life today
17. Saline, saline, saline
No comments:
Post a Comment