"And everything in time and under heaven finally falls asleep. Wrapped in blankets white, all creation shivers underneath. And still I notice you when branches crack and in my breath on frosted glass even now in death, You open doors for life to enter you are winter.
And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced teaching us to breathe what was frozen through is newly purposed turning all things green so it is with You and how You make me new with every season’s change and so it will be as You are re-creating me summer, autumn, winter, spring"
I'm grateful that life is a process. I'm glad that the Christian calendar creates space for me to refocus. This year, lent will be a lot different for me. I usually give up something relatively arbitrary. In the past, I've given up sugar on a number of occasions, coffee, etc. on a few occasions, I have given up something more meaningful, harsh language, negativity, music (music was awful btw... Just awful). When I began to think of what would be good to fast from for lent this year, I decided that I wanted it to be something that would be difficult. The first thing that came to mind was Facebook.
It's really sad, but I have become far too dependent on this particular social networking tool to facilitate my relationships. I know what is going on in your life thanks to these brief glimpses that you put out there. It is such an easy way to stay connected with people! I also knew that Facebook would be a really difficult thing to give up. That's why I knew I needed to. So, I will be absent from the FB world (I think that I will sign in once a week just to check messages, but not to spend any significant time on there).
In other news, we've been having so much fun with Arthur lately! We can't believe how quickly he is growing up and how much he is learning and absorbing! Almost every day, we take walks to the neighborhood park. He loves climbing on the play structure and going down the slide!
Pointing out a "PUH-pee"
Cuteness
Arthur thinking he's way bigger than he is.
We had such a fun Valentine's day today. Our Valentine's days have traditionally been pretty low key. Eric and I usually tell each other that we're not going to get each other gifts and then what TYPICALLY happens is something the story that I am about to tell you. Our very first Valentine's day as a married couple, we promised that we wouldn't get gifts for each other. A few days before Valentine's Day, I was shopping in Fred Meyer and I came across a gag gift that I HAD to get him. When V Day rolled around we were sitting on the couch and I said "so..... I got you a little something." Eric replied, "I got you a little something too!" So we proceeded to exchange our gifts. I handed Eric a little package and he opened it and looked shocked to find a tiny red satin piece of clothing designed for the nether regions (gag gift, remember?). I DIED laughing as he "thanked" me and pulled out my "little something." It was little... I will give him that. I swear, I got the worst wife in the world award the moment that I opened my iPod touch! I felt awful! This Valentine's Day was far less eventful than that one.
See's Chocolates and a card from my love.
We never go out for dinner on Valentine's Day. Instead we buy the oven ready Enchiladas from Costco. They are our FAVORITE! A super special treat.
I got ambitious this morning and whipped up La Bete Noir, my favorite flourless chocolate cake. It is so decadent and rich. And a perfect ending to a really great day.
I hope that you all are feeling loved today and that in this season leading up to easter is one of reflection and renewal. I feel like every blog post I write is a launch back into the world of blogging, so I am not going to claim that this time. Let me know if you read this, because it might motivate me to keep writing though. Also, Grandmas... this is probably the best way to keep up with Arthur's world until Easter. And Facetime, of course.
Big Love, Y'all!
Trae






3 comments:
Arthur is such a cute boy~ It looks like you guys have so many fun adventures! I gave up FB (and the internet) for a day and I was amazed how much I got done! Anyway, always good to see updates on your blog and catch a glimpse into your life!!
I love when you blog :)
Oh yay!!! Yes definitely write much much more dear friend :)
Post a Comment