I'm often unaware of how to love well, because all people are different. An action that I might consider to be loving, someone may interpret differently. The concept of love languages makes a lot of sense to me. The way that I receive love best is through quality time. I feel most loved when someone spends time with me. Not just time, but quality time... intentional time. The way that I give love is through acts of service. You know this if I have ever done your dishes or watched your kids. But there are love languages that I am not good at. Like words of affirmation. I suck at affirming people. It doesn't come naturally for me, but I want to get better at it. I suck at giving gifts. It would be more natural for me to clean your whole house and organize your closet or move you into your new house than it would be for me to pick out the perfect gift for you. But, I want to become more well rounded, so that I can love the people that I've been blessed with, well.
How do you give and receive love?
2 comments:
I didn't say this in my post, but love is as close as we can get to Jesus here on earth. Until we're with Him it's all we have.
Wow! I am really feeling loved by you right now because you have washed my dishes and watched my kids more times than I can count. Love you too my friend!!
-K
Post a Comment