Monday, August 23, 2010

30 in 30: No. 27 - My First Love

I was in the bathtub when I was 7 or so and Katti came in. I must have been splashing water around because she told me that I needed to stop splashing, or I would fall through the floor (which she learned from our parents). Like any child with a growing mind, I wanted to know more. So, I asked, "where will I fall to?" I like to believe that I stumped Katti for a second or so, but she quickly responded... "to hell." OF COURSE! Well, I told Katti that I didn't want to go to hell, and like a good big sister, she led me to the Lord, right there in the bathtub, naked, with water soaking the floor.

I'm thankful for that day, but more importantly, I am thankful that the Lord is continuously calling me out of my darkness and into His marvelous light. I'm thankful that I have a purpose... to bring glory to God through my life. I am thankful for the journey of becoming more like Jesus. I am thankful for the eyes through which I see others and the world. I am thankful that I am a participant in manifesting His Kingdom on earth. And most of all, I am thankful that there is nothing that I can do to cause Him to love me any more or less.

Psalm 71:5-9

O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection. That is why I can never stop praising you; I declare your glory all day long.

No comments: