Anyone who knows me, knows that my ability to actively recall information is next to nonexistent. Therefore, I am terrible at remembering what sermons were about. However... I listened to a sermon one day about 7 years or so ago that is still with me today.
This sermon was by Donald Miller. I don't remember most of the sermon, but the one thing that has stuck with me to this day- and has forever changed me is this: You're more important than me. Donald talked about how he views people. He talked about how we are to love God and love others. he told a story about a woman cutting in line at the grocery store and then he proposed a response. Not knowing her story... where she needs to be, what her rush is... in his head, he told her "you're more important than me."
This changes everything. Since then, I have done my best to try to live this way. I am not always good at it, but it is my desire to view others as more important than me. This sermon changed the way that I view people. So there you have it... 30 in 397. Now I can blog like a normal person. I'm so glad that I no longer have this hanging over my head and I am also glad that I took the time to write these things down. Here's to another 30+!
3 comments:
i am gonna miss these.
YAY!!! Way to stick with it and finish! As a person with similar easily-distracted-type tendencies, I admire and appreciate your example of perseverance! Even if it took longer than you'd planned...
Love, love, LOVE and MISS you! Can't wait for a good, long hug, and some good, long time to hang out...
K
Way to go Traci! I have enjoyed reading your 30. Hope you are well.
Post a Comment